Natural Remedies for Fever
When you "come down" with high fever for more than couple of days, you must take action.
Common sense natural remedies for feverWhen you have common cold or flu, due to fever, the body loses a great deal of fluid and also very precious minerals and vitamins.
* It is common sense that you eat more fresh fruits and vegetables; hydrate yourself with teas, juices and mineral water.
* Take showers with water 1-2 degrees C / 2-4 degrees F cooler than your body temperature. This is an effective natural remedy for fever for my daughter, but it's no fun when she has headache because of the flu.
* As an extreme measure (40 degrees C / 104 degrees F), wrap yourself in a wet towel or bed sheet.
Give your body rest and you will recover soon.
Lower your body temperature with herbal remediesYou can also use herbs as natural remedies for fever with antipyretic (anti febrile) and diaphoretic (produce sweat and lower temperature) effects.
To lower the fever, drink 1-3 teaspoons in 1/2 cup of tea, 2-3 times a day. Do also massages with Swedish bitter. The alcohol dilates the blood vessels
* Vinegar is a natural remedy for fever used since ancient times.
Wash the entire body with a diluted vinegar solution. Use vinegar made from apple, wine or tarragon.
Another method is to soak a pair of socks in vinegar and wear them for 20 minutes. Repeat this operation until the fever goes down and disappears completely.
* Elder flowers (Sambucus nigra) have diaphoretic properties; they help your body sweat, thus lowering the body's temperature.
Its soft fragrant scent will also bring nice memories and relieve the stress.
Make an infusion with 1-2 teaspoons of elder flowers to 1 cup boiling water. Drink 3 cups per day.
* White willow bark (Salix alba) is rich in salicilin, a cousin of aspirin. It brings down fever and inflammation. It has anesthetic, antispasmodic and sedative properties.
Make an infusion from 1 teaspoon of willow bark in 1 cup of water. Drink 3 cups per day.
You can also make a concentrated infusion from 10 grams / 0.35 oz shredded willow bark in 1 cup water. Simmer for 20-30 minutes and strain. Drink 2-3 teaspoons during the day.
* Chamomile was dedicated to the Sun God, Ra, by the ancient Egyptians, due to its fever lowering properties.
Make an infusion from 1 teaspoon of chamomile flowers to 1 cup boiling water for. Let it steep for a couple of minutes. Strain and drink 3 cups daily.
* Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara) has a nice pleasant aroma. It is one of the main components for common cold and flu tea. We use it for all respiratory problems.
Drink Coltsfoot tea if you have dry cough due to common cold or flu. It has emollient properties (it softens and sooths the skin).
Natural cough remedies
Home Remedy for Flu
Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion - Newborn and Toddler
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.